Wednesday, July 8, 2009

King of Pop!


I did not deliberately write an obituary for Michael Jackson. Because Michael Jackson is immortal.

The best words to describe that is, to quote what Ram Gopal Varma said on Michael's death - "I hate Michael Jackson. I hate him for dying and making me realise that he is just a human being. I hate that he too has to breathe to live. I hate that he too has a heart which can stop like anybody else's,"

I think we Indian's owe much to Michael than even Americans or any other world, because I believe India got this much exposure to English music through Michael Jackson. I remember, any kid used to know the name Michael Jackson. The so called "break dance" has got takers even today.

During my college days, one guy ( if i remember correctly, his name is Pappan), was a real impersonator (and he did look like MJ) of MJ and he did a dance show in one of the college programme. I cannot recollect which song he did (surely must be either Beat It or Bad), but the typical MJ movements, pissed off the college Principal (he was a Rev. Father).

Well that was just a trivia to remember how MJ inspired the youngsters everywhere.


One more trivia or rather a fact is about MJ's life partnership with Lisa Marie Presley, who is the only child of the one and only other music icon - Elvis Presley. What a coincidence and destiny that you marry the daughter of the icon you looked upon when you grew up.

I was watching the entire memorial service telecast of MJ yesterday, and what a true memorial show his family and friends and fans gave to this great music icon of our times.


Has he "Gone Too Soon" as his song goes?

Even if his physical presence wont be there on earth, he is here to stay....


Just to remember, here is the picture of his last stage presence - his final rehearsal at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment